Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apologies

You know when you are always upset about one thing a person does and you tell them how it makes you feel but they don't seem to listen and change the action...I have one of those people in my life. We tend to argue about the same things all the time and nothing gets resolved. Until yesterday...we had a spat. I got upset and a little unnecessarily nasty. Then they got mad and we hung up the phone angry at each other. Then out of nowhere about thirty minutes later this person realized what I had been talking about and apologized. It was wonderful. I cannot describe the feeling I got at that moment. I felt like I mattered and had been listened to. It was like a new chapter in our lives had just been written. Those two little words made my day! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment