Monday, October 20, 2008

A Perfect Weekend

We had a great weekend! Friday after school we just hung around the house. PP invited a friend over to play in the afternoon then went to her house for dinner. I spent the afternoon reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It is an AWESOME book! I usually don't get into the whole vampire thing but this book is really a suspenseful love story. It is the first book in a four-book series. When I went to pick up PP I talked with my friend, PP's friend's mom, for awhile. We had to head home early because PP had CHS Cheer camp the next morning.
PP had a great time at the cheer camp! She went two years ago and had a blast. Since we travel so much on the weekends (with my parents in Lucedale and GBE in Oxford and her Mimi and Papa in Olive Branch), things like this don't always workout. PP was supposed to go to Mimi and Papa's this weekend so it didn't look good. On Thursday, PP had a great idea (all by herself too!). She asked if it would be ok to go to the cheer camp Saturday morning then to Mimi and Papa's that afternoon. I told her that would be ok with me but she needed to call and ask Mimi. Of course Mimi said that would be ok. So bright and early (argg) Saturday morning we got up to get ready for cheer camp. The cheerleaders from CHS spent the morning teaching the girls the cheers and the jumps so they would be ready to perform their cheers at a game next Friday night. At the end of the camp the girls put on show. I made it just in time! PP was so excited because two friends from school went to the camp as well. Bless her heart she isn't always so coordinated but she ALWAYS has a great time!

The ONLY picture of her looking at me!

One of the cheer they performed at the end or Cheer Camp

After cheer camp, we left to drop her off with Mimi and Papa and I headed to GBE's. Since it was a Saturday in the fall that meant College Football. I enjoy a good football game but can't do an ENTIRE day of football games. But I wanted to spend the day with GBE so I decided I would get the second book in the Twilight series I mentioned earlier and read. So I sat on the couch next to my GBE all day reading while he watched football. It sounds odd but it was wonderful. We were spending time with each other and both doing what we wanted to be doing. Then we repeated the good idea on Sunday. I ended up reading my entire book and he saw all his games. We did miss PP but the quiet is nice every now and again. This weekend will be not be so relaxing...cheering at a football game, a Halloween festival and carving pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment