Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The School District Reading Fair



Today was the school district reading fair. Since PP won first place in the school reading fair for her category, she was able to advance to the next round. She has been to this level four times but she cannot seem to make it to the state district reading fair. She REALLY wants to win and advance. I am just proud of her for doing the board solo for the first time. I did help her when sharp cutting tools were involved but other than that, it was all her :)
I used her accomplishment as an excuse to take lots and lots of pictures. She was oh so excited. Here are a few of the many I took. I like to tell a story with pictures so I choose some shots that show her process of setting up the board.
On a side note: I read some pointers yesterday on a photography website so I tried to keep those in mind while I was shooting. I give myself a B- overall but I think the last one is an A!
                                                                

Getting the props out of her book bag

Adding dog biscuits to hold down her chair

The props

She finally smiled nice for a picture!

1 comment:

  1. Reading Fairs are so frustrating.
    I just bought Because of Winn DIxie, again, because I couldn't find my first copy. Great book!

    ReplyDelete